The X20 highlights our ability to mould shapes with carbon that prove very difficult with wood allowing us to create possibly the most comfortable acoustic guitar you will ever hold while the offset soundhole gives your ears a unique and immersive experience as it projects the sound up towards the player while also projecting forward towards your audience.
For this limited edition I wanted to create something that encompasses the heritage of Emerald while creating something new and unique.
I selected 20 pieces of the finest quilted maple for the top veneer and created a new and unique colour combination with our new “Fire Burst” top and “Phoenix Orange” back and sides with our vibrant weave.
The Fretboard features a custom inlay design of ancient Celtic Ogham writing spelling out Emerald and a Triskele symbol on the 12th fret that symbolises past present and future which is very fitting for a guitar from our past that set the course to our present and will be a very large part of the future of Emerald Guitars.
There will be 20 of these custom models built plus one for my own collection.
- Each will be signed and numbered by me during the painting process
- I have personally selected and positioned each of the 20 veneers
- I will hand carve the inlays for each of these guitars
- Each will feature our new Fire Burst colour which we created just for this series
- You will also receive a special certificate of authenticity
I believe this is one of the most beautiful colour combinations we have created to date and I am delighted to be able to share it with you in this special way. —Alistair Hay